How to Induce Sleep Naturally.
Sleep disorder is a very common disease in today,s world. Of course, the amount of sleep needed varies from person to person. Most adults need 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Sleeping pattern or rather lack of sleep may disrupt your day to day life. Instead of going for a sleeping pill, you can have some simple remedies. Here are some suggestions.
* Eating light meals at night can help you sleep better. There should be a gap of two hours between your last meal and going to bed.
* Eating bananas is one of the simple remedies. Bananas contain sleep-promoting carbohydrates and tryptophan. They also have potassium and magnesium which can help relax muscles. For dinner, you must also avoid fatty and starched food.
* Have a glass of warm milk with honey. Winding down the day with this is one of the better natural sleep remedies. Milk has amino and tryptophan which are sleep-inducing.
*Have a salad at dinner time could speed up your sleep. Lettuce contains lactucarium which has sedative properties and affects brain similar to opium.
* White rice is another food which speeds up the sleeping process. Most of the dietician advise not to eat white rice for dinner but if you go to southern regions of India 90% people eat white rice for dinner. According to the National Sleep Foundation, White rice has a high amount of glycemic index which helps in inducing sleep faster.
* A meal of your favourite flakes before bed could also help in inducing sleep.
* Seeping a cup of stress- bursting chamomile tea can help you sleep better. It has glycine, a chemical that relaxes nerves and muscles and acts as a mild sedative.
Apart from the above remedies, you can try yoga. Today everyone accepts the benefits of this form of ancient exercises. Yoga alleviates the mood, improves physical functioning and mental focus. They have a positive effect on sleep quality. Instead of difficult physical movements, concentrate on breathing exercises.
* Mindfulness meditation has become very popular all over the world. It is slow, steady breathing while sitting quietly. Researchers in 2011 study found that meditation has numerous significantly improve insomnia and overall sleep pattern. Walking is another form of exercises which helps in getting better sleep. Any kind of physical activity will reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
* Last but not least, take a hot shower or bath. Hot bath relaxes the muscles which will help in inducing sleep.